Mushroom salad with cream and garlic, simple, light recipe, a quick, creamy appetizer, with less mayonnaise but very tasty. How to prepare mushroom salad with cream and garlic. I have to admit: I love mushrooms. I’m in the top 3 favorite vegetables and any food with mushrooms would be, I’m sure I like it.
Mushroom salad with mayonnaise is among my favorites but as summer mayonnaise does not appeal to us so much, I said to try a slightly lighter version, with less mayonnaise. The result is delicious, I added a sweet and sour pickled cucumber that seemed to complement the mushrooms wonderfully, giving the salad a fresh taste that cuts from the fat of the salad.
I used fresh mushrooms here, of course you can also use canned mushrooms, 20% fat cream and green parsley leaves, freshly picked from the garden. The taste was fresh, light, very pleasant. The only flaw of this salad is that it is not kept overnight, what we cook we have to eat. Of course, you can prepare the mushrooms and cream sauce separately and they can be mixed only before being served.Print
Mushroom Salad With Sour Cream And Garlic
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 500 gr. fresh mushrooms, this time I used champignon but it is very well suited to other kinds of mushrooms, e.g. oyster
- 30 gr. mayonnaise
- 90 grams of cream (I used cream with 20% fat, I had a 500 gr. Glass on hand, the truth is that the recipe is flexible and, depending on preferences, it is possible to adjust the quantities to suit our taste)
- 1 pickled cucumber (optional)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- a few green leaves according to preference: dill, parsley
- Boil the mushrooms in water with a little salt for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mayonnaise. I will not detail this step, as we talked about how to prepare mayonnaise both here and here , there is no need for a large amount, maximum 60 gr.
- The boiled mushrooms drain the water in a strainer.
- Slice or finely chop as desired.
- Before putting the mushrooms in the cream sauce, I squeeze the liquid by pressing them in the cup of the palm. I do this both for this salad and for the mayonnaise version because the excess liquid in the mushrooms can spoil the final texture of the salad.
- Put the chopped mushrooms in a bowl and mix well with mayonnaise and cream.
- Prepare the garlic paste, clean and slice the garlic, put it in a mortar, add a little oil and salt and crush it with the pistil until it becomes a paste. Add over the mushrooms with mayonnaise and cream.
- Mix well, season with salt and pepper, add more ingredients to taste. I added some more cream (in the end I used about 100 gr. To 30 gr. Of mayonnaise) and a finely sliced pickled cucumber and squeezed the liquid before putting it in the salad.
- Place the salad on a plate and sprinkle finely chopped greens on top.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: mushroom salad recipe