Every summer, my in-laws face an overproduction of pumpkins, and if they hadn’t taken care of the seedlings in our own garden in the spring, I’m convinced that at this time I should have talked about a stall in the market, for that these pumpkins are very hardworking, tens of kilograms come out of a few nests.
Well, having so many pumpkins every year, I always have to come up with new recipes. Zucchini soup, pudding zucchini, tart with zucchini, sliced crispy baked zucchini, cheesecake and pumpkin or zucchini filled… and here he still is room for more recipes with this prolific and so generous vegetables.
So I think that this recipe for pumpkin salad, simple and tasty, which I once prepared with mayonnaise, which I gave up for years, in favor of a dressing much lower in fat and seems much more flavorful, made from yogurt with garlic, it will be good for many, just as it is good for us when we are hungry. May it be useful to you!Print
Pumpkin Salad With Yogurt And Garlic Recipes
- 1,2 or 3 pumpkins, regardless of color, it is important to be raw and weigh together about 500–600 grams
- 1 medium-sized onion (about 60 grams)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 grams of fatty Greek yogurt with 10% fat
- 1 healthy clove of garlic
- 3–4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- optional: about 1 teaspoon of grated lemon peel
- optional: 3-4 sliced radishes or 1 diced red bell pepper (for texture and color)
- 1/2 bunch of chopped green parsley
- salt and pepper
- The zucchini are washed well, drained and cut into cubes with a side of about 5-6 mm.
- The onion, cleaned, washed and finely chopped, put to harden over medium heat, in a large pan in which we add 1 tablespoon of oil, sprinkling from the beginning and 1 good pinch of salt.
- After the onion becomes glassy, add the diced zucchini to the pan and increase the heat a little so that the water contained in the pumpkin evaporates as quickly as possible.
- Bake the zucchini for 10-15 minutes, turning them in the pan repeatedly, until they drop a lot and don’t seem to leave so much water. Put the hardened zucchini in a sieve and let it cool and at the same time drain the liquid.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing: cut the garlic into thin slices, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt and crush well (with a pestle). Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, drop by drop, as in mayonnaise, while we mix vigorously until a paste is formed.
- Over the garlic paste, add the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and, only if you want, a little freshly grated lemon peel (only the yellow part). I usually add it because it brings a touch of freshness to this salad.
- Put the chilled zucchini in a bowl (up to room temperature) and add the yogurt and garlic dressing, along with the finely sliced radishes and chopped green parsley. I add radishes mainly for texture and color, but if you don’t like them, you can give them up or replace them with raw red diced bell peppers (or hot peppers, if you’re a fan of spices). Mix everything well.
- Finally, season the salad with salt and pepper to taste and recommend leaving it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (and preferably 1 hour) before serving.